Monday, July 23, 2012

symmetricity

i have these quotes in my head:

without the darkness, we would never see the stars



there could be no rainbow for the soul
had the eyes no tears

I'm not actually sure who they're from/by... i could have read them on the back of a train ticket or heard it in a song... but either way, they're nice quotes to have stuck in my head. They really remind me what i believe in life, and it brings me back to the story about 'just enough'. I call it just enough, though i think the title is actually 'I wish you enough'. I remember that i came across the story and i started reading it because he was talking about airports... personally, i love airports. When i think about going on a trip, i get more excited about going to the airport than anything else! Call me crazy. Anywhoooo, read the story. michael and i both read it and thought it was awesome. In fact, michael gave me a necklace for our first anniversary that had 'just enough' engraved in the back. It's a fantastic mantra to live by; you need just enough bad times, to appreciate the good... and just enough good times to make the bad worth going through. Balance. I'm a fairly big lover of symmetry myself. I think even the world revolves around this mantra though - we have a lot of amazing, beautiful, lovely places in the world... but we also have the opposite. In our world there are a lot of people who are terrible souls, menacing humans with no positive energy... and then we also have a lot of sensational spirits, who glow with positivity, love, and grace. It's a balance. yin and yang.

I think some people get so bogged down in their darkness, they forget to look at the stars. 



i'm going to  start cooking dinner now.
peace, love, and light. <3

No comments: