Sunday, June 27, 2010

Totally Annoying.

Things that annoy me now, but never used to - a list:

  • Toilet roll; I go to the toilet... the roll is empty. I come back the next day... and it's STILL empty... what is WITH that?!

  • Bills; What are these strange pieces of paper with numbers on them? Meh.... i'll worry about it later. Hey... why aren't the lights working?!

  • Dishes; excuse me but, could you just clean yourselves, like you used to?

  • Wrinkles in my clothes; It seems that the air in Meningie does not have the same anti-wrinkle effect as it does in Coro....

  • Smelly clothes; I never realised how much i relied on the clothes drier... these days, washing my clothes must be planned in advance - not only must i pre-plan what i'm wearing as to what i'm washing, but i must also check the weather forecast early on in the week to determine if i may hang my clothes out to dry - if by chance the weather forecast steers me wrong (which is often tends to do) there goes all my clothes for the week.... so i have been known to wear the same thing several times a week to combat this inconvenience. Hey - just call me Miss Stinky.

  • Bed sheets; please see the previous dot point and apply annoyance accordingly.

  • Food; I am yet to discover the art of 'shopping for the week' - my shopping habit is pretty much "hmm... i feel like ____ for dinner tonight. Do i have it? no. Is the shop still open? no.......................... two minute noodles it is!"

  • General house cleaning; I was told my vacuum cleaner would be good at collecting dust - as in, sitting in a cupboard, collecting dust....... I use it WAY too often for it to collect dust...grrrrrr....

  • Cups; I used to have a magic cup. Every night i would take it to my bedroom with water in it, and every day it would magically re-appear, washed and dried, in the cupboard, ready to be used again the next night. I think i left this cup at mum's house - i must remember to ask her about it next time i go back to Adelaide...... Current number of cups in cupboard: 0. Current number of cups beside Bonnie's bed: ...."hang on, i'm still counting"

  • Hair in the drains; Either i've started losing more hair this year due to stress, or the magic sink cleaning fairy is on leave... because i swear there's a jungle in my drain.

I'm sure there are more... this is only the beginning... and only one phrase comes to mind when i look at this list....

"Muuuuuuuuuummmm...!!?!"

No comments: