Monday, April 5, 2010

holidayyyyyys

Wow. End of term holidays - HELLO!!!! I can't even begin to tell you how much i needed a break. Even though i'm going to spend a lot of these holidays planning, i'm taking at least Easter to relax and bring my feet back onto the ground. Right this very moment i'm sitting in Michael's flat, opposite the beach, the rain pattering loudly on the roof above me, watching Disney clips on YouTube. That's right, Disney clips. Honestly - i know people hate Walt Disney for making his movies all about the damsel in distress, and i agree with a lot of the arguments against his movies, but i grew up with Ariel and Pocahontas and the likes... so i can't say no to them ;-) ....They put me in a good mood, what can i say. So how about a share a few with you:


And this last one... for any alice in wonderland fans - pogo has done the best remix i've ever heard. It's my ringtone: Alice

Well, end of term was great, although very hectic and all over the place. We had a few unexpected absences and a few extra students at the last minute, which put some plans into the air, but all-in-all we had a good final week of school. On Wednesday night Michelle and i painted some of the chicken's eggs gold and sprinkled them with glitter... then we put them back into the chook shed for the kids to find on Thursday morning. It was sort of meant to be an April Fools joke, but the kids were so convinced that it was an Easter miracle we sort of pretended we had no idea what was going on. We organised an egg hunt for them all, and we were completely unprepared for their reaction - they literally went insane. Any time anyone mentioned the word 'bunny' the entire group would turn into a raving mass of screams and arms flailing.... it was incredible...

Ponyo has adopted himself a little friend; a stray kitten who obviously doesn't have a home. I *think* it's a she.... i will edit this post and put some pics with it when i get home (i'm in Adelaide at the moment) but she is veerrryyy cute, and Ponyo absolutely ADORES her!! They follow each other everywhere - i can guarantee they are together most of the day, and if i leave the window open she comes inside and sleeps next to Ponyo in his basket at night! The only problem with this is that she has ticks and i'm not sure what else, so i have put worming and flea treatment on her... she lets me get close enough to pet her sometimes but she wont let me pick her up without a fight. She's white with colourful splotches, so Michelle and i have named her 'Patches'. I'm hoping because she's still very young (much younger than Ponyo) we can tame her a little bit to be less scared of us.

Well - this is just a short post for now, i might do another one next week when i go back to Meningie. There's a "concert" (traditional Aboriginal dance) happening in Meningie on Saturday so i might update about that soon too and let you all know how it went. I hope you all had a fantastic Easter! I stuffed my face for most of the weekend as i'm sure you can imagine.... lol. Bye for now!!! xoxoxo

edit:
My mum just sent me this poem... and i liked it. So i'm sharing it with you.

Chapter I

I walk down the street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk
I fall in.
I am lost ... I am helpless.
It isn't my fault.
It takes forever to find a way out.

Chapter II

I walk down the same street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I pretend I don't see it.
I fall in again.
I can't believe I am in the same place.
But, it isn't my fault.
It still takes a long time to get out.

Chapter III

I walk down the same street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I see it is there.
I still fall in ... it's a habit ... but,
my eyes are open.
I know where I am.
It is my fault.
I get out immediately.

Chapter IV

I walk down the same street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I walk around it.

Chapter V

I walk down another street.

No comments: